top of page
medicaid-waivers.jpg
  • facebook-icon
  • instagram-icon
  • twitter-icon
  • YouTube-Icon

MEDICAID WAIVERS

ACBDD-Color-Bar.jpg

Medicaid is a federal, state and local government program that provides support for individuals who meet eligibility requirements. One example of a Medicaid service, is the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program. All county boards of developmental disabilities in Ohio provide local Medicaid authority for the administration of developmental disability waivers. The developmental disability waivers are a Medicaid service that help people served by county boards of developmental disabilities to live in their own homes, shared homes and family homes and receive services within the community. Federal funds pay approximately 60% of the cost of waivers, with the remaining 40% of funding being paid by the county board of developmental disabilities through local tax levies or allocated state funds. A waiting list assessment is completed to determine the need for such services. 

 

There are three types of Medicaid waivers administered by the Allen County Board of Developmental Disabilities. 

  • Level One Waiver

  • Self-Empowered Life Funding (SELF) Waiver

  • Individual Options Waiver

Each Medicaid DD waiver is unique in regard to funding and program requirements. Service and Support Associates (SSAs) are the primary point of contact for each person enrolled on a Medicaid waiver. 

To learn more about the different waivers, please click here.

For more information, contact:

Karen McCullough

Medicaid Services Manager

419-221-1385 ext. 1036

bottom of page